I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year, got everything they could have wished for and spent the festive season with friends and family, which is exactly what I did. Although Christmas is officially over for another year I am wholeheartedly excited for what 2016 will bring, and here are the resolutions I hope to stick to.
I’m not normally one for resolutions, so maybe I will call these goals? Let me know yours for the year too.
1. Make time for myself – I’ve been told a number of times that I tend to put other people first, and no that’s not me trying to toot my own horn, I promise! I think it might come down to suffering from anxiety and having to know that the people that are around you are feeling happy and complacent in order for you to be able to get on with your day and be comfortable in your surrounding. However in 2016, I am going to try and focus more on putting myself first, which may sound a bit selfish, but I think it will help overall and help me to feel less anxious in certain situations.
2. Look after myself more – this one is quite similar to the first one, but I sort of mean my physical wellbeing. For example, take time for a nice pamper evening, or treat myself to a massage or facial every once in a while, and maybe not skimp on spending a bit more on skin and hair care. I feel as though if I can have a little luxury every now and again, my body will thank me for it, and let’s face it, we’re in it for the long run together!
3. Eat better – ah the twenty-something’s cliche! I don’t think I have a bad diet overall, but I mean eat fewer carbohydrates, food with additives, takeaways etc. and eat more vegetables, fruit, proteins, and basically, all the good stuff that my body craves. Oh and use my Nutri-bullet and slow cooker more!
4. Be more adventurous – whether it’s travelling, fashion or makeup, I feel as though I’ve reached my mid-twenties and I really shouldn’t care what other people think! I’ve already had a massive craving to go to cities I have never been before, reach for clothes I may not usually go for, and try out new makeup looks, so watch this space!
5. Make time for the people I love – may be an obvious one… but as my family are so spread across the globe, it would be lovely to be able to spend some quality time with them this year. Not only that but my friends who live in different cities, that maybe I don’t get to see as much as I would like, I’m coming for you this year!
6. Take time out for blogging – I love writing. I think I’ve made that clear time and time again on here 🙂 but sometimes my mind becomes clouded with my job, friends, family, going out, staying in, my cat, my boyfriend (not in any order I should add!) and I actually miss sitting down with my laptop, and letting my thoughts take over. Plus I have so many ideas of blog posts, new designs and regular updates… So yeah, I want that to happen again, please!!
7. Buy a house – again more of a goal, but hey ho! Maybe the resolution could be saving more money? But anyway, get me on that property ladder!
What are your resolutions for 2016?